A bunch of different games have been released by Choice of Games / Hosted Games over the last few weeks.
In October, Hosted Games released Too Different, a multiple-choice interactive-fiction game, available for Steam, Android, and on iOS via the Hosted Games app.
In it you must unravel the mysterious past of your parents and homeland while journeying through four unique lands! As you travel, you may discover friendship, love, or things better left unknown…but whatever you decide one thing is certain: you will change the world forever, or understand what it means to truly be too different.
Too Different is a 200,000 word interactive science-fantasy novel by Andrew Kenneth Specter, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination. Here are some of its features:
- Play as a male, female, or nonbinary character; choose to be gay, asexual, or straight.
- Choose the origin of your mother from one of four familiar species.
- Romance a childhood frenemy, quiet classmate, sassy A.I. helper, forgetful priest, human-obsessed romance novelist, slam poet, or hacktivist.
- Complete a secret poem and discover the surprising history behind the Second Capital.
- Work with the oppressive Board or end their tyranny forever!
Seek the mystical Star Ball that will grant you immortality. It is hidden somewhere in Hoshimori, the human village where your family was killed.
Weave illusions, shapeshift, or control minds! Will you become a benevolent guardian, a playful trickster, or a fierce demon? Will you avenge your family or strive to change their killer’s heart? What of the choice between beguiling a human love interest or wooing a vulpine mate?
One way or another, you’ll set the world on fire!
Fox Spirit: A Two-Tailed Adventure includes these features:
- Play as a male, female, or nonbinary character; choose to be gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, or polysexual. Master shapeshifting, illusions, mind control, or foxfire.
- Make mischief, decimate foes, serve the gods, or aid the needy with your magic. Get foxy with humans, foxes, or all of the above.
- Explore the world with the heightened senses of a fox. Dazzle people with fireworks, or blast them with your flames.
- Support the human empire, or stage a vulpine revolution.
- Achieve immortality, or destroy the Star Ball that sustains it.
- Convince a fox-hating farmer to change his mind—or obliterate him.
Here is a brief message from the creators of the book:
We hope you enjoy playing Fox Spirit: A Two-Tailed Adventure. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.
Last but not least is Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale where you get yourself into and out of one fine mess after another! As the newest member of London’s elite “Noble Gases” social club, you’ll win glory, renown, and much-needed money through various cunning schemes that will seem like good ideas at the time.
Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale is a 1.2 million word interactive comedy of manners by Kreg Segall. It’s a standalone sequel to Tally Ho inspired by P.G. Wodehouse, where as ever your choices control the story. Here is a teaser straight from the source:
As the close relation of an earl, you’ve managed to join the once-rather-elite Noble Gases just as you find yourself embroiled in dreadful scandal. But surely your clever new servant ought to be able to solve this knotty problem with both elegance and unruffled grace!*
*Elegance and unruffled grace not guaranteed. Allow four to six weeks for full servant acclimation. While supplies last. Additional restrictions may apply.
In this book you will lead your new social club through a world of pranks, debts, close shaves, passions, rivalries, and untold heights of splendor and absurdity amongst the cream of society. Will you lean into your shocking reputation, fight hard to redeem yourself in the eyes of the fickle public, or just relax with a cocktail by the fire? What is most important to you: your own comfort, loyalty to your friends, or the expectations of your family? Navigate the joys and troubles of membership in your new club: planning parties, gaining new members, taking down rivals…or winning them over as friends.
But it’s not all shenanigans and hijinks—there’s also hanky-panky. Find love with a dreamy artist, a former neighbor with a taste for rebellion, a dashing clubmate with a flair for the dramatic (and for golden trousers), or even your own servant! And, of course, spend time with some old friends from Tally Ho.
Perhaps–just perhaps–with the tireless aid of your cunning servant, your rollicking social club, and your merry new friends, you can weather the storm unscathed and manage it all before everything comes crashing down! It seems most unlikely, however.
In Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale, you may:
- Play as a male, female or nonbinary character; gay, straight, or bi.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with your servant or find yourself emotionally enmeshed.
- Choose from one of five scandalous backgrounds, significantly affecting the story, including museum thievery, over-festivity, and public brawling.
- Rub elbows with a famous actor, a politician, a diva, an annoying journalist, and a renowned artist—or maintain a lower profile, eluding the police and a criminal mastermind.
- Become unwittingly or wittingly entangled in the affairs of multiple secret societies, wealthy would-be sponsors, and criminal enterprises.
- Dress as a bellhop, a parlor maid, a military officer, or in bathrobe and slippers!
- Muck about with wireless radios and experimental steam-powered printing presses.
- Triumph in boxing, swimming, cards, handball, competitive eating, and spitting.
- Break into hotels, cars, safes, bookshops, dressing rooms and art galleries, some of them intentionally!
- Ghostwrite love letters, craft speeches, and edit damaging newspaper articles.
- Smash windows, pitchers, punch bowls, expensive tables, fine art—and hearts.
- Carry your club to victory in a tournament or get rich betting on other clubs.
- Enjoy access to special features—we prefer you not to call them “cheats”—with an “Extra Helping” in-app purchase.
- Pore over a detailed hint guide, available in a “Pleasantly Tipsy” in-app purchase.
Check out the games at Choice of Games / Hosted Games official site: