Choice of Games’ latest interactive adventure, Mask of the Plague Doctor, is a 410,000-word medieval fantasy tale of swords and surgery written by Peter Parrish. A strange and terrifying sickness is inflicting misery on the residents of Thornback Hollow, preventing those infected from sleeping. With the town situated on an important trade route, the Crown authorities require a swift – or drastic – resolution to maintain the economy.
The town of Thornback Hollow is under quarantine. Its people are unable to sleep, tormented by a disease known as the Waking Death, and the infection is spreading. The Crown has commanded you and two other plague doctors to end the plague, even if that means destroying the town.
In your quest for knowledge, will you try to ease the fear and paranoia of the citizenry, or fan the flames of political unrest? Will your fellow plague doctors become your rivals, allies or lovers? Will you grasp the true power that watches over the town?
- Play as male, female or non-binary; gay, straight, bisexual or aromantic.
- Select from a range of mask designs, or opt for one of your own.
- Specialise in surgery, medical theory, or uncanny mysticism.
- Unearth a cure for the Waking Death, apply traditional medicines, or explore more experimental methods.
- Respect the local deity, or throw your support behind a banished sect.
- Work with the Crown’s appointed mayor, aid a revolt, or do your best to avoid political intrigue altogether.
- Find time for romance with one of your fellow plague doctors, or a dashing mercenary.
- Recruit others to your medical cause and perhaps leave a lasting legacy.
- Seek induction into the Fellowship of Royal Physicians, or be happy just to escape with your life.
Thornback Hollow is in peril. Can your healing hands soothe the Waking Death to slumber? Or will the town perish to fire and disease?
You can play the first three chapters of Mask of the Plague Doctor for FREE online, or purchase the full game for Steam, Android or iOS – it’s currently on sale until April 30th. Visit the Choice of Games website for further information.